THe following are approaches and opportunities on increasing participation.
- We should grant Staff time-off for hosting participation events
- JAM Session with food and fun Events,
- Provide Tutorial, Pilots on wiki and blog for practice (explore and getting their feet wet),
- We should have policies and procedures to encourage staff participation without asking their managers for approval.Â Participation to collaborate on and share information should be written in the staff PARS.Â Second there should be awards given on a quarterly basis through the offices to acknowledge successes.Â For this should be two national exemplary awards given to:
- managers – uses innovative approaches and technologies to facilitate collaboration, participation and/or transparency.
- staff or team – onÂ using process and tools to collaborate, participate, and add transparency and meets open government mandates